A guide to how we handle your information.
When we collect personal information from you on our website, we follow the privacy principles and comply with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). These are our promises to you:
1. Notice: Akindi only collects your personal information to provide you with the features you request such as test grading and analytics. When we collect your personal information, we’ll always give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting and how we’ll use it.
2. Grades: Akindi does not and will never release any student's grades to any third party without the student's (or parents') express permission.
3. Email and Internal Messaging: Akindi emails users about matters directly related to their Akindi account such as: sign up confirmation, lost log in information, account related notifications, or upgrade information. Akindi may also send a monthly newsletter, for which you may opt-out at any time. Akindi will never release a user's email address to any third party without the user's express permission.
4. Choice and Sharing: We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we’ll respect the choices you make. Akindi will never release any of our users' information to third parties without express permission.
5. Relevance: We’ll collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
6. Retention: We’ll keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law.
7. Accuracy: We’ll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
8. Access: We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
10. Security: We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction. unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Akindi takes extreme precautions to ensure that our system is absolutely secure.
11. Enforcement: We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises, and we’ll provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy practices.
12. Notice of Changes to This Policy If we make changes to this Policy, we will post the changes here with a new effective date at the top. If we intend to use or disclose members' personal information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify you by email.
Akindi proudly supports Student Privacy Pledge.
Last updated: November 24, 2015